Re: Instrument Panel Assembly

Subject: Re: Instrument Panel Assembly
From: Henk Roelofs <henk@loginet.nl>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 16:09:25
Hi Gerry

>Has anyone modified the profile or shape of the Instrument panel
>including conversion of shelf area to additional instrument layout.

We made a new Instrument panel with a "normal" right hand side
and a radio stack which is not faced towards the pilot. This way
it is easier for the person in the right seat to do the radio's.
You can see some pictures at http://www.loginet.nl/europa/
Look in "Stage 3, fuselage".
The pictures show the panel in a relatively rough form. I will try
to add some more recent pictures soon.
The aluminium front plates are ready now (left and right panel grey
and middle pannel black) and the upper surface will be covered with
black leather after we've finished the windscreen blower.

I know of at least one other builder who has converted the original
panel into a more common looking one. The result looked very good
to me.

Best regards,
Henk & Bart #264