Re: Gear Warning ?

Subject: Re: Gear Warning ?
From: Fillinger <Fillinger@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 21:46:23

On 4/23, John J Moran wrote --

>> Is it appropriate to add a LG alarm or does the lack of pitch change due to
>> LG/flap deployment provide sufficient warning so that this would be a waste
of
>> effort?

John -- as a TriGear builder, this may not even qualify as 2-cents worth, but
you
will find interesting info on two recent Europa accidents involving the gear
not
locked in the down position, on the AAIB (UK's NTSB) web site.

    www.open.gov.uk/aaib/bulletin.htm, and click on April.

The accident reports have considerable detail on the incidents, one I believe
citing
that the builder's gear-down switch arrangement did not adequately verify the
thing was fully down.

(Wish the NTSB reporting was as good and timely, too).

Regards,

Fred Fillinger, A063
Mentor, OH, USA