Re: Electric CSU laws

Subject: Re: Electric CSU laws
From: Jerry <jerry@flyinghi.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 20:23:39
The big problem on constant speed units is to get them stable. Arplast
developed one for their VP prop but I believe it tended to hunt. Too many
variables perhaps. When the pitch changes for example the load on the
engine changes so the mixture changes so the output changes so the prop is
no longer set as it thought it was and so on.

Arplast are looking at a new idea.

The MT controller appears to work satisfactorily suggesting that the
solution does exist.

Jerry