HVLP Paint Sytem experience

Subject: HVLP Paint Sytem experience
From: Pepeborja <Pepeborja@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 08:45:17
I used an HVLP to paint my first airplane back in 1994.  I bought it at a DIY
store name Home Depot in Dallas, Texas.  The price, US$289.00 for a Campbell-
Hausfield HVLP paint system, complete with a spray gun and 15' hose.

Needless to say, the system worked great for a guy that only painted lawn
furniture with spray cans before.  I would say the main difference between an
amateur and a professional is having the right space to paint.  My paint job
has been judged by many as good but I can tell where the mistakes are.  I can
say that the mistakes were due to not having the right paint boot, as opposed
to technique.  Next time, I'll spend more time building the paint boot and
jigs to set the wings and body.

Best of luck,

Jose Borja