RE: Kim Prout's Europa in EAA Sport Aviation mag

Subject: RE: Kim Prout's Europa in EAA Sport Aviation mag
From: David Glauser <dg@xpsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 08:46:55

The "Europa Squadron #1" was formed in January, and has met twice so
far. Sounds grandiose, but in reality all the area builders get together
at Cable Airport in Upland California to talk Europa building. Kim
brings his plane, several builders trailer their projects there or bring
work in progress, and interested possible-builders are invited to come
see. Once we had representatives from the company that makes the epoxy
used in the US Europas come and give a talk. The other time we had Bob
Archer of Archer Antennas give a talk on antenna construction. Kim
demonstrates rigging the plane and usually gives a demo ride or two,
then shows how it's put back on the trailer.

Kim has a very nice Europa, with numerous little extras such as a
tailwheel pant and outrigger fairings (we don't need to get approval for
that kind of stuff here). I can attest that it's a ball to fly; wish
mine was done.

<META NAME"Generator" CONTENT"MS Exchange Server version 5.0.1458.49">