BMW Progress

Subject: BMW Progress
From: James H. Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 19:10:12
Duncan, My apologies if I left you with the opinion that very little has
been done.  I am referring to the timing of the project.  I know that
progress updates are made to the system  and we all appreciate it
greatly.  However, as a project engineer for many years,  the project
should have a time line.  We who want to use the BMW with the gear box
your working on feel that it is taking a very long time to get to a
conclusion.  Will it work or not.  I understand the many problems that
arise that are unforseen.  We seem to be at a point where we would like
to see it in the air.  If not in the UK then how about in the USA? We
would all like to help you if we can.  It seems as though the only power
plant  presented by the company is the Rotax.   Its a bit too rich $$
The BMW is a fine power plant at a reasonable cost.  Much time and energy
has been spent to date and we all appreciate it a bunch.  Can we help you
in getting the unit finalized?  As I mentioned, there is a market beyond
those of us at Europa which will make it a popular power plant for other
aircraft.  Please let us know if we can help.

                                                        Europajim@juno.com
                                                        A058   St.
Petersburg, Florida
                                                        USA