Re: Fuel Gauge

Subject: Re: Fuel Gauge
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 16:45:59
In a message dated 06/02/98  14:53:07,  jerry@flyinghi.demon.co.uk writes:

<< I now have the fuel level information
 I am clearing it with Francis Donaldson at the moment
 Hope to get Jim a sender and gauge to test within two weeks.

Very interested in how you get on with this.  We looked at the elements of
such a device and found it was limited by the +/- 10 to 15 mm. range of the
operating magnet/switch combinations available.  In the top part of the tank
the level is changing at over 5 litres per cm so if the gauge is to be
quantitative, one has to do better than this.  Also the magnet/float has to be
disc shaped and short vertically to avoid errors by contact with the tank when
near full or empty.  How do you solve these problems ?

 <<Once tested they'll be available to anyone who wants one.>>

For free ?? ! !

Graham C  G-EMIN