Re: Lateral push-rod channel

Subject: Re: Lateral push-rod channel
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 10:27:55
It is _very_ easy to do. Just line the channel with one layer of uni prior to
bedding the cores in place. You just have to make sure the glass is clear of
the faces. Once my cores were bonded in place I also added a small fillet of
micro at the core to spare junction as far down the channel as I could get.

My SAANZ technical adviser was not happy with leaving the foam exposed in the
channel and he recommended adding the glass in the first place. We had an
"incident" here some years ago with a Lancair that had an exposed foam
surface on one of the wings. It met an unfortunate end when avgas met the
wing and disolved the wing core. Fortunately the damage was done overnight in
the hangar!

Tony