Greetings all

Subject: Greetings all
From: LeeVaughan@notes.seagate.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 17:17:38
Hello:

My name is Lee Vaughan A069 and I am the proud owner of the first  XS sold.
I have the one that was on display at Oshkosh this past summer and
trailered it home after the show in a 16' X 6' X 5' crate on a 12' trailer.
I hope the it tows better when finished the it does when still in the box.
I didn't expect the "adventure" to begin with such adventure.

I have been lurking around this web site for about a year now while
deciding what to build and I must say everyone here  presents a pretty
convincing argument for what is, I'm sure, a great plane.

I didn't really get started on the project until three weeks ago when I
took a vacation to work on my plane, can't think of a better way to spend
two uninterrupted weeks.    I've got all the flying surfaces done except
the flaps which I will start this weekend, then it will be off to the
fuselage.  Of course I've already got the wings done so that did give me a
bit of a head start (:-).  And Tony I don't think I'll miss the experience
of building them myself. (;-)   I do actually have a set of wings but the
factory will be replacing them with the PFA approved wings shortly.

I was wondering what has been done in the area of wing levelling.  I had
planned on using a MAC servo in the aileron with a small tab which I have
discussed with  Europa US.  But I wanted to get the opinions/ thoughts/
tried and true results/ of my fellow builders.

You can respond in this forum or to me personally at:
lee_vaughan@notes.seagate.com

Thank you much for all your help most of which you have given without even
knowing.

Lee