Upgrade to Service

Subject: Upgrade to Service
From: Moira Millar <moira@aviators.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 23:21:07
Hello,

We are expecting our analog telephone circuits to be upgraded to
all-singing-all-dancing digital service later this week.  This is a major
upgrade, with some major benefits - and a short period of disruption while
work is carried out.

The benefits of the upgrade will be evident to you if:

-       you have a 56k modem
        (We will be supporting the Rockwell (Flex) 56k chipset, which does
not include
        the US Robotics X2 models.  USR modems will still work at up to 33.6k).
-       if you want to upgrade to ISDN
-       if you have experienced poor line quality, line drops or busy signals.

---From our point of view, the new systems will be easier to manage and
maintain.

NOTE: There will be up to four hours of intermittent disruption on the day
the changes take effect.  We have asked for the work to be done on Friday
morning, and will notify you as soon as the phone company tells us when the
work will begin.

Thanks for your continuing support!

The Management
        | moira@aviators.net                                         HAPPY  NEW