No Subject

Subject: No Subject
From: Barry Tennant <Tennant@tonline.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 16:42:01
There was some discussion recently about what happens when the main tank runs
dry.
Norman Adam in Bruggen has had this happen twice and he said that the motor is

running within few seconds after switching to reserve with no noticable loss of

height. The motor windmills and the mechanical pump pulls up fuel quickly with

the help of the electric pump.

He said that the last time it happened he was flying with a lady guest and just

when he was mentioning how economic the plane is everything went quiet in front.

He suggests however that we should be sure of our tank switch positions to be
able to switch tanks without looking in the tunnel.

Best regrds

Barry
D-EHBT