Re: Winching

Subject: Re: Winching
From: Europa <Enquiries@europaaviation.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 18:01:59
>The "old" tailpost was a safe winching attachment for winding your Europa
>effortlessly (well almost) onto the trailer.  Glad I kept it.  I wouldn't
>fancy exerting that pull on the new spring (at least half the weight of the
>empty a/c and more as the wheels scrub in the channels - factory comment ?
>
>You could attach to the main undercarriage but that's quite an awkward shape
>to get to grips with, is tedious to wind up again, and needs the next strap
>size up.

Graham
Sorry for the late response. We've been closed until yesterday.
It would be best to carry out a stress analysis on the strength of the tail
wheel spring when used as a fixing point to winch you aircraft up the ramp
onto the trailer. Please let me know if you'd like to follow that route.

Regards    Andy Draper