Re: Winching

Subject: Re: Winching
From: David Watts <dwatts@ns1.avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 22:32:10
>The "old" tailpost was a safe winching attachment for winding your Europa
>effortlessly (well almost) onto the trailer.  Glad I kept it.  I wouldn't
>fancy exerting that pull on the new spring (at least half the weight of the
>empty a/c and more as the wheels scrub in the channels

Scrubbing of the tyre in the channel will not increase the weight or
pressure loading that the tailwheel spring has to suffer. It will increase
the loading on the tailwheel spindle, but that is all.

One nice thing about the new spring. It makes lifting the rear of the
aircraft really easy. You can now move it around in tight spaces with no
trouble at all.

Dave Watts 229.