Re: Mid-Atlantic US Europa Builders

Subject: Re: Mid-Atlantic US Europa Builders
From: E. & S. Lindsay <hlindsay@NMSU.Edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 09:04:35
>I am *very* seriously considering purchasing a Europa kit. In fact, I
>was about to make the irrational purchase without even sitting in the
>aircraft, given all I have read about it.
>
>DON'T (Purchase without a "trial fit" and demo flight)!  Yes, you will fit,
and quite comfortably, particularly in the XS.  The trip to Florida is a
very VERY minor investment if you are seriously interested in the Europa
(and you should be).  Why the emphasis on "don't" (you're asking?)?  The
trip and test flight with Bob (last name pronounced Burr-Bee) will
accomplish a couple of things.  First, it will remove ALL doubt about your
choice.....very important when you're investing the significant dollars such
a project represents.  Second, it will elevate your level of enthusiasm to
such a state that you will "start" the project with a genuinely "firm"
commitment to finishing it!  And third (I know, I said "couple"!), it will
give you the opportunity to become personally aquainted with Bob and
Michelle, two exceptionally nice, amicable, and extremely knowlegable folks
with whom you will be dealing throughout the construction process.  Yes,
they are every bit as nice "in person" as they appear to be on the
telephone.  (Can't wait to see what mysteriously appears under our Christmas
tree with a "Lakeland, FL" return address on it!)  DO give yourself a
Christmas (post-Christmas) present and make the pilgrimage to Lakeland.
Look forward to hearing about your trip and purchase.  Boy, are you gonna'
get excited.  REALLY excited!  Merry Christmas.  -Ed Lindsay, Las Cruces,
NM, USA-