New Tailwheel - again

Subject: New Tailwheel - again
From: Rolph Muller <rolph@globalvt.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 11:47:09
The whole job of replacement is proving a lot easier than I thought it
would be. In fact what I thought would be the trickiest bit - detaching
the old mounting was dead easy. I couldn't get my heat gun through the
inspection hole, so I had to heat up through the hole in the bottom of
the fuselage where the shaft goes. If you do this howver do remember to
clean out the grease fron the bearing/bush - just run a rag through it.
If you don't, it will vapourise and drip back down - and that might not
be a good thing! The Redux softened fairly easily - heat the mounting up
in bursts to allow heat soak through the mounting. When it is just too
hot to touch it should lever off easily. It might also be easier to free
the four bolts when it is warmish.
--
Rolph Muller