Re: Definition of Vast

Subject: Re: Definition of Vast
From: Europa <Enquiries@europaaviation.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 19:59:13
>>>Considering the time it has taken to build my wings and fin so far and
>the
>time I expect to spend filling the wings I would say around 12 months at
>least.<<
>
>Takes 2 hours a side to fill the wings. Bit longer to sand it all off
>again, though. Wish we had some airfoil section profiles. WHY NOT Andy?
>Graham

     The wing profile co-ordinates for the upper surface tip are already
provided in the manual, page 9-18. The tip chord is 40", the root chord
50". You can interpolate for profiles in between. According to Don Dykins,
provided that the leading edge has smooth curvature (not faceted) and is
not too dissimilar to the original core profile your wing will fly as
intended. Errors aft of about 5% chord are less significant as you may expect.

Regards   Andy