Re: Re: Tail Wheel Arm Responses

Subject: Re: Re: Tail Wheel Arm Responses
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 14:17:09
>> my working hypothesis is that the improvement in ground yaw handling is
due mostly to the
decoupling between rudder and tailwheel provided by the springs in Europa's
new design.<<

That was the whole idea. However, with the springs tight in the straight
ahead and slack at the extreme deflections it is somewhat compromised I
think. My springs are even tension throughout. We found that there is still
a tendency to"oversteer". I plan to adjust the geometry to give minimal
spring tension in the straight ahead and higher tension at max deflection.

If anyone has a better idea say so before we go off the side of the runway
{{?:-(

Graham