RE: Pilot and cabin measures

Subject: RE: Pilot and cabin measures
From: Hawker Phil <Phil.Hawker@swi.galileo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 12:14:21
Difficult to be sure, but I would guess that Europa are loosing many
potential
customers to Glastar (and now maybe Ban-bi/MCR-01 & RV-8) because
of discomfort for the "vertically unchallenged". I think the original
modification
which slimmed down the wheel-well was called the "LA" (Large A**e)
version
- how about a standard factory option kit which does what Graham talks
about
below and adds a LONG extended footwell with (glider-style) adjustable
rudder
pedals (maybe for left seat only?). This could be the XS/LB (Lanky
B*****d)
version.... This might restrict engine choice I guess.
I'm sure that anyone over 6'3" would trade maybe a few knots top speed
and
a bit of extra weight for a more "relaxed" fit....
Brgds
Phil Hawker, UK
waiting for the LB version.... but also looking elsewhere.
From:         Graham Singleton[SMTP:100421.2123@compuserve.com]