Anti-servo Tabs

Subject: Anti-servo Tabs
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 12:26:02
Anti-servo Tabs.
Hints maybe?
I did these in a slightly different order to the manual. I connected the hinges
to the
tabs(clecos) and mounted them to the tailplane(clecos)with the 3mm inset to
observe
the
gap between the bottom trailing edge of the tailplane and leading edge of the
tabs.
reshaped the leading edge(foam) slightly  to allow for the movement required
(30mm)
with
the tabs.

I found I had to place spacing buffers of Bid on the hinge areas only of the
tabs
allow for the same thickness as the tailplane hinge area and therefore to
achieve
uniform level surface between the tabs and the tailplane. To make sure the
rivets

protrude sufficiently through I counter sunk them further.

Tab tip ends; I laid up sufficient plies to create equal gaps at both tip
ends.(not
too
small for the risk of icing). The last two plies I cut and sanded on the bottom
surface
directly down to the trailing edge and did not follow the in dent as this allows
closed end for the micro used to fill the in dent for the flettner strips.

I used  the manual method for the flettners with basal wood.To achieve the
8-10mm

thickness and max 12mm width I laid the strips I brought from a hobby shop,
which
were
slighlty too big,(width 14mm) protruding off the trailing edge by 2mm. Then,
when
cured,
sanded the stiprs back to the trailing edge glass leaving an 8mm thickness.

Torque tube here we come!!

Tim

--
Timothy. P. Ward