nicopress

Subject: nicopress
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 08:35:41
Various inputs on this are much appreciated.  Firstly apologies for
misquoting  the breaking strength as 1080 lb.  AC43.13/1A does in fact give
1180, and a correctly formed sleeve should exceed this.  In my case, although
Europa copper sleeves are not plated, there was no corrosion problem evident
on the failed sleeve after 50hr flying, and  12 months since assembly.  I do
note two things however. 1)  plated sleeves are supplied with the new
tail-wheel mod. kit, 2)  the short cable run in this kit shows two sleeves at
each end.  Why is this, when these are in series with cables carryng a
slightly larger oad and using only one sleeve ?

Finally it is obvious that footwell stops would not cope with overstressing
if due to the "absent toe brakes" syndrome. Most of us with more experience
of conventional breaking systems than the Europa one, suffer from this.  The
only way I can think of removing this, (mentioned sometime back) is to couple
the parallel shafts of the two pedals with a pair of gears.  Perhaps someone
has another answer ?.

Graham C G-EMIN