Slow Build vs Fast Build Kits

Subject: Slow Build vs Fast Build Kits
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@photos.prestel.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 19:06:55
Dave Watts

> >Me too, I enjoyed the whole process and learnt a lot as well. In fact I am
> >convinced that if Europa were to effer both the pre built and build it
> >yourself wing (obviously at a price differential) then in England they would
> >sell more build it yourself versions. We are a nation of tinkerers.
> >Dave Watts 229.

Sorry, Dave but I think you have got this one wrong. I am as bigger
tinkerer as the next man, but I think I would almost certainly forgo
"the education" for the convenience and pleasure of being able fly
sooner. There is a difference between "an education" and "a lifetime of
education" (ie- fast build vs slow build). Frankly i'd rather be flying
than far***g around !

What makes matters worse is that I can buy a completed Europa for less
than the bits in my garage. Expensive education eh ! Methinks your club
magazine is better value than that.

BTW - I am English (well, maybe slightly Viking !)

Carl Pattinson
Kit 49