Jim Price Message (was Hinge Pin Teflon Sleeving)

Subject: Jim Price Message (was Hinge Pin Teflon Sleeving)
From: Peter Thomas <PeterThomas@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 03:01:49
To : Tony Renshaw
Subject:        Mail: Hinge Pin Teflon Sleeving

I'm trying to find a source for you for the Tefflon tube, but I haven't had
any
luck yet.
<<Thanks for your detailed response!>> Happy to do it!

<<Our hinges are bonded to the flight controls and then bolted to the
wing/tail etc, so to remove them in the future does not sound like a fun
weekend(month!). As such this sleeving sounds like a great idea and I'm
sure
others are tempted by the knowledge, any tips to identify the sources will
be appreciated by more than just myself.>>

I have the same concern with replacement of hinges, thats why I went to the
tefflon. A friend told me that a the company "Grainger " in the US has this
material but I have their catalog & I can't find the material in it.  I
have
a few
more sources to run down before I give up though.  The hinge pin material
that
I used was piano wire & I was able to get that at a local hardware store.

<<On another note, if as Graham Singleton suggests you are the gentlemen
who recently took his Long-EZ to 35,027' ( refer August Kitplanes) congrats
on a
truly remarkable feat. It gives me reassurance to know that you consider
the
aircraft I am building good enough to "Haunt the Corridors of our little
forum which brings me to asking  "Why, are you thinking of trading for a
Europa?"
Thanks in advance for any tips!
Regards, Tony Renshaw
Builder No.236.>>

I am the person that took my Long-Ez up to 35,027=92 or 10,676m & hold both
the Altitude & Altitude in horizontal World Records for the C1.a
(300-500kg.)
class.  Thanks for the congratulations!  A friend of mine (Thomas Scherer)
is
building a Europa & I have had the pleasure of meeting it=92s designer at
Oshkosh
this last year.  It looks like a wonderful plane & although I=92m not
planning
on
building one, I like the design.  Thomas sent me a note from you about the
tefflon hinge material & that is what prompted me to reply.  I haven=92t been
on
your web site page yet but Thomas was kind enough to send me your reply
so I could answer back.  If you have further questions It might be easier
send them to me at hilong@AOL.com   Be Well & Fly Safely!=85. Jim Price