Re: Callibrating Engine RPM

Subject: Re: Callibrating Engine RPM
From: Klaus Dietrich <101613.3377@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 14:42:28
I can confirm it works perfectly with optical tachometers from modelshop.
Producers are Graupner, Simprop, Futaba etc. They all work either for two
or three blade props. Precision is excellent but best results if measured
---From outside. But also possible through windshield if the light is good.
You can chek the model tachometer's precision when you hold it to an
electrical220 Volt  lamp; it should than read precisely 300rpm (220V/50
Hz).
I have one from Webra, but it is quite old and not in production anymore, I
believe.

Klaus (132)