Re: performance figures

Subject: Re: performance figures
From: Europa <Enquiries@europaaviation.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 15:13:10
>PERFORMANCE FIGUERES OE-CKD, Kit 132
>Date: 13. 9. 97
>OAT:  28=B0C
>Carburator Air Temp: 45=B0C
>Wind 340/8
>Field: LOAV
>Elev.: 780 ft
>
>1.)
>Aircraft weight: 555 kg (2 on board, 20 l fuel)
>Prop: 16,7=B0
>Static rpm: 5.050 rpm - opticaly measured  (indicated rpm: 4.800 rpm !)
>
>time to 1000ft agl                              ROC
>(from release of brakes)                        (IAS 65 kts clean)
>
>        2 min 12                                455 ft/min
>        2 min 03                                487 ft/min
>
>Cruise at 2.000 ft ASL: 120 kts, 5.100 rpm, fuel flow 16 l/h
>Top speed at 2.000 ft ASL: 130 kts, 5.800 rpm, fuel flow 23 l/h
>
>2.)
>Aircraft weight: 598 kg (2 on board, 80 l fuel)
>Prop: 16,7=B0
>Static rpm: 5.050 rpm - opticaly measured  (indicated rpm: 4.800 rpm)
>
>time to 1000ft agl                              ROC
>(from release of brakes)                        (IAS 65 kts clean)
>
>        3 min 08                                319 ft/min
>        3 min 03                                327 ft/min
>
>3.)
>Aircraft weight: 591 kg (2 on board, 70 l fuel)
>Prop: 14,5=B0
>Static rpm: 5.350 rpm - opticaly measured  (indicated rpm: 5.000 rpm)
>
>time to 1000ft agl                              ROC
>(from release of brakes)                        (IAS 65 kts clean)
>
>        2 min 26                                410 ft/min
>        2 min 21                                420 ft/min
>
>Cruise: 120 kts at 5.400 rpm, 16 l/h
>
>Considering the above, I have set now my prop. to 15.6=B0 which gives me a
>good compromise for climb and cruise especially at maximum gross weight. I
>hope that the cold air supply and a VP-prop will help!
>

>During those test flights I have found out that my RPM indicator reads 300
>rpm too low!
>Any ideas how I could calibrate it?
>Also my VSI is indicating 200 ft/min too little. I am currently taking
>static air from behind the panel as the fuselage points did'nt give me good
>readings either. Any suggestion for a good static air point?

Klaus,

The tachometer has an adjustment feature at the back - there is a yellow
label which you remove, and there is an adjustment pot underneath.  You
have to remove the panel though!

The problem with using the pressure behind the panel for the static is that
it changes when you open or close the ventilation.  The best place for the
static is under the wing, but it makes for another connection when rigging.

Roger>