Fully Feathering Props

Subject: Fully Feathering Props
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 09:18:51
I am wondering if anyone knows about the potential of a fully feathering
prop? I am not aware of whether the electric inflight adjustable have this
potential or not. I know we have probably the best engine out single engined
aircraft on the market interms of glide capability (one of the main reasons
I chose it),whether the engine is going or not, but to be able to take the
prop out of the equation would be fantastic, let alone for the glider wings.
Like everything it comes down to money. I saw a beautiful little Continental
engine ( IO240B) fitted to a Kitfox in the latest issue of Kitplanes and it
got me drooling. I assume I can put a certified prop on the end of it, a
constant speed at that. In Aussie a Rotax 912 is not a cheap powerplant and
the  914 is astronomic. I feel I may be able to source a certified engine
with a certified prop capability for maybe up to a 50% increase in cost max.
If it was this little IO240B at a standard 125 HP and fuel injected also,
with a constant speed prop, it would have to be the hotest Europa out there.
Can anyone supply a lead to costs of this little baby, and about this
constant speed prop idea?
Regards
Tony Renshaw
Builder No.236