Re: L1011 cockpit

Subject: Re: L1011 cockpit
From: Steve & Eileen Genotte <genottes@sprintmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 13:39:55

Jurien Dekter wrote:

> My name is Christiaan Dekter, and I design instrument panels for Microsoft
> Flight Simulator for Win95.
>
> What I need is a picture of the captain's area without the yoke in the
> picture eg pull the yoke back while taking the picture. Second I need a
> picture of the engine gauges, and one of the autopilot panel, and one of the
> centrepost, and one of the overhead panel and one of the radios.

Obviously this young man is a spy for the Rutan Group.  He is fishing for
details about the still super secret "Europa 2000".  This mod is purported to
cruise at .95 Mach at its service ceiling of FL 450.  Insiders at the
Kirbymoorside "Skunk Works", who declined to give their names for fear of losing
tea privileges, say the Europa 2000 will have a build time of not less than
25,000 hours and an empty weight of approx. 95 tonne, depending on accessories.
Power plant designs are still in the "Ohh, wouldn't this be neat?!" stage.

Please do not forward any cockpit pictures/drawings of the Europa 2000 as this
area is critical to the success of this revolutionary design.  It is know that
the famous Europa instrument panel "snack tray" is a major feature once again,
although current estimates place the new dimensions in the "Smorgasbord"
category.

All questions regarding the Europa 2000 should be asked  "...'round the back
about midnight."

Thank you for your cooperation

Steve Genotte