Cures in Winter???

Subject: Cures in Winter???
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 13:07:37
Gidday,
Below is a copy of a letter I recently faxed to Mr Martin Armstrong,
Technical Services, SP Systems.
I would appreciate any guidance from other builders.
In anticipation
Regards
Tony Renshaw
Builder No.236
Dear Martin,
You have kindly helped me in the past, answering queries regarding the use
of Ampreg 20. I am the Aussie building a Europa kit aircraft using your
products, and I have previously queried mix ratios and postcures. I would
like your advice once again please on the appropriateness of glassing in our
Firstly, its cold at home now, although I appreciate it is mild compared to
an English winter. The ambient temperature overnight in my workshop, and in
fact the average daily temperature is 12-15=B0 Celsius. I am about to do some
more layups and want to maximise the HDT. A recent holiday into Northern
Australia, even in our winter, gave temperatures of 35=B0 Celsius. In summer
it can get to 45=B0 Celsius, and I need my white painted aircraft to easily be
able to handle that. I want to build an oven setup and postcure the
components after their initial 48 hour ambient cure (slow hardener). In a
previous fax you said the only way you would get up in such an aircraft is
if it was
Quote: =93postcured immediately after the initial 24 hour ambient temperature
cure.=94
Now if I build a box arrangement that can maintain the desired 45-50=B0
Celsius, and I let it cure for 24/48? hours at 25-30=B0 Celsius, when after
should I place my components into this box, and should I expose them to the
=93un=94elevated workshop temperature inbetween?
 I am anxious to start this glasswork soon, so if you could drop me a note,
just a handwritten scrawl would be fine), or even an e-mail, I=92d greatly
Yours Faithfully
 Tony Renshaw