Re: The long wings

Subject: Re: The long wings
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 12:39:00
The latest Europa Aviation newsletter gives details of the wings. Off the top
of my head (as my newsletter is at home) I believe they are 43 ft long and of
a thinner section. The flaps have been replaced by speed brakes. They will
reputedly give a 26(29?) : 1 glide ratio though I don't know at what speed -
a factor that becomes important when you are trying to tuck into a thermal
and stand on a wing tip.

Tony