Cutter for Red Rubber Block

Subject: Cutter for Red Rubber Block
From: JohnJMoran@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 19:55:42

Thanks for the hint about substituting a cutter for the 1 3/8" hole saw when
enlarging the holes in the red  rubber block. I couldn't find  this size hole
saw locally so I bought a 1 3/8" spade bit instead. It worked fine. Took a
while, just as you said but got the job done. Made a LOT of red dust.

An oddball hint: the large filler opening on the gas tank can be opened up to
size with a potato peeler. Just return it to the kitchen when you're done.  I
used a 3/4" spade bit to open the other holes, then removed the swarf inside
the tank with a short piece of 1/2" pipe taped to the regular vacuum cleaner
hose.

Regards,  John   A044