Re: FLYING

Subject: Re: FLYING
From: MSmith1565@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 13:04:49
Great to see some responses to my request for a flyers forum - we have just
enjoyed what must be the ultimate Europa weekend with three Europas and four
experienced Europa owners ( all over 100 hours) Based at Kemble we had two
days of very intensive formation training with Martin Stoner ( ex- red
arrows) and Pete Thorne ( ex- B.B.M.F. Spitfire pilot) for the average P.P.L.
run and breaks, close formation flying and tail chasing were far outside our
experiences. If you think a single Europa looks good - you should see them in
formation!! Apart from greatly improving our flying skills we found enormous
value in exchanging flying experiences with our different aircraft. These
experiences NEED to be shared with all Europa pilots particularly those less
experienced. It should be easy enough now to arrange some informal fly - ins
for these summer weekends - how about this Saturday?
Our home base at Bidford is rather clogged by gliders at the moment due to
work on the field - any offers of a quiet strip? My phone number is 01386
710440 and I would be happy to help put the fly - ins together.

Mike Smith Europa 39