Finished Fin

Subject: Finished Fin
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 19:33:48
Finally finished Fin Forever we hope.
One thing I did, which I think helped, was to make up small sandbags of 2
to 4kgs to use to as weights. In the case of the Fin when I first started
I set the core in the first half jig on a flat table with the weights on
top to open up the slots to their correct width within the jig, over
night. On 'double sided taping' the jig and core for the first layup I
also used the weights to encourage a good bond. The second layup, using
rapid epoxy to secure glassed core to jig, the weights also came in
handy.
Still got a number of air bubbles under the Peel ply. Haven't perfected
that yet! Not enough stippling.

Rudder here we come.

Tim--
Timothy. P. Ward