Re: re: Sall warning / Miles McCallum

Subject: Re: re: Sall warning / Miles McCallum
From: Klaus Dietrich <101613.3377@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 06:29:26
Here in Austria we are obliged to install an accoustic / electronic stall
warning independent from the main pitot / static system.
Of course, I only learned about this requirement after having finished my plane
during the final inspection by the civil aviation authority....
There is no question for me to cut a hole into my wing or the like !

I hope that there is an alternative. Miles McCallum wrote about a stall warner
(pressure sensor/switch) installed on a Sherwood Ranger wich seems to be ideal.

Does any body know where I could get such a stall warner or has any body an idea
of an easy to mount stall warner (...for the sake of satisfying bureaucracy...)

Thanks for any help

Klaus (Vienna/Austria)

PS:
I just made my weight and balance calc.:
A.P.S  weight:   383,0 kg  (836 lbs)  with 3l oil, 3l water,  2l fuel
C.G empty:       154,5 cm  (60,82 ")  aft of datum
It looks that I am a bit on the heavy side (full panel with KX 125, KT 76A ,
Garmin 100,       Intercom,  A.I., D.G., fuel flow, etc sound proofing on the
firewall and inside instrument            panel, fire extinguisher, thermofoam
cushions, carpets, headliner - EUROPA interior kit           from Duncan
interiors USA,  a  lot of filler for a beautyfull paint finish etc.......

.......but I am going on a diet, now to compensate all this weight built up !!