Re: Wire sizing

Subject: Re: Wire sizing
From: Eddie Hatcher <bizzarro@easynet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 22:04:02

> Now, here's a brain teaser for you. Why does the
> path length for 5% drop get longer as the wire diameter
> increases????  You guys who have read the book stand
> by here . . . let's see if anyone can deduce the reason
> from what's been published above. Hint: What is the
> mechanism by which a warm object sheds heat energy into
> the surrounding environment?
>
>    Regards,
>
>    Bob . . .
>    AeroElectric Connection
>                   ////
>                  (o o)
>    |                               |
>    |  Go ahead, make my day . . .  |
>    |   Show me where I'm wrong.    |
>    72770.552@compuserve.com
>    http://www.aeroelectric.com
Is it perhaps to do with the larger surface area of the wire shedding more
heat into the air and therefore reducing the resistance of the wire. (as the
wire doesn't get so hot).

Now here is a brain teaser for you Bob,

How can it be, that I spent 60 uk pounds on a headset impedance matching
unit, and all there is inside is a capacitor, a 9v battery and a resistor
covered in black paint. Surely there must be some hi teq. invisible sound
enhancing circuitry for all that cash?

No I'm joking, but seriously, is that all there is to it, because I feel
that it would not have been beyond me to make it myself.

I also wish to thank you for all the information to do with wiring this
aeroplane, because it opens my eyes to possible pitfalls that I might have
skipped over or gone to extremes to sort out, such as noise and shielded
cables.

Mind you I am still only doing the wings, so I have a fair time to go before
the Engine.

Cheers
////    Eddie Hatcher ////    Kit 279     /////
////    South East London Flying Group    /////
////    bizzarro@easynet.co.uk            /////