Re: Straight Edges on Fin Postcure

Subject: Re: Straight Edges on Fin Postcure
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 17:10:07
Hi  Tony
The "template" was temporary, slightly smaller than the "real" closeout ply
(cos the fin tapers) but dead flush with the aftmost edge and running all the
way down, so the back inch can't spring in (which my (3"x2") beam allowed by
rotating). I warmed the fin with a heatgun to get the strain out which the
template put in when restoring the thing to its correct position, but I
believe if you cure with the template in place you won't get a narrowing in
the first place.  The beam was clamped (with metal u-clamps ) to the fin side
in 4 places, making small cutouts in the template to let one leg inside.

Best wishes,

Graham C.