Re: Variable flaps (was OR5)

Subject: Re: Variable flaps (was OR5)
From: Peter S. Lert <peterlert@montrose.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 18:49:37
Thanks for the info re Walter--as I speak German I'd like to get in touch
with him.

My experience w/ UK electrics is based largely on having owned a Dagenham
Dustbin (aka Cord Fartina) back in the '60s.  Actually, as this one had
Lotus clockwork it went pretty well as long as the Lucas elec. fuel pump
wasn't u/s.

It occurred to me that rigging up some sort of spring arrangement between
the flaps and the outrigger mechanism might also work, i.e. going to full
flap (maybe as much as 40 deg.) would lock them down, they'd stay down at
20 deg., then retract when the flaps were raised from there on up.  I
doubt that I'd need more than the two positions.

                        brgds, psl