Re: Drill Precision

Subject: Re: Drill Precision
From: europa aviation ltd <enquiries@europaaviation.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 13:33:27

>         The manual calls for some less than typical drill bit sizes, e.g.
>         3.3mm. Is it somebody's maths is slightly suspect and they are
>         trying to quote a metric equivalent for 1/8" or do I really need
>         3.3mm ?
>
>         Clearly such bits are not available down the local DIY store.
>         Anybody suggest a suitable supply in the UK ?
>
>         Thanks,
>
>         Dave Howard

The rivets used are metric and the drill sizes are quoted from the
manufacturer's data.  However the number 30 drill should be close enough.

Note that a 4.8mm drill is used to make holes for AN3 bolts, not a 3/16"
drill. The AN3 bolts are slightly larger than 3/16".  A number 12 drill
should be used here.

Regards

Andy Draper
Web Site at www.europa-aviation.co.uk