Re: Re: Door locks

Subject: Re: Re: Door locks
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 09:28:27
In a message dated 09/01/97  20:20:31, you write:

>Has anybody fitted locking door locks to their Europa?

I fitted locks after the doors were complete. Barrel locks with levers are in
the Maplin catalogue, and I persuaded them into a matched pair of keys.  Then
cut a 35 mm hole
just above the rear rod  cabinside.  Drill through the Al rod at 45 deg. and
screw in a 3mm steel rod.
Fit the lock barrel in the outer side, so the lever comes back against the
rod when locked, and it can't then be moved. Plug the cabin side holes with 2
more of the doughty
35mm can tops (of the nine standard in G-EMIN).

Graham C