Resin Pump Calibration

Subject: Resin Pump Calibration
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 13:15:11
Gidday all,
Can anyone give me a tip to calibrating my AR100? I've just set it up with
SP Ampreg 20 and pulled off several quantities. The ratio is set up for 29
parts hardener to 100 resin. You would naturally think that the 2 quantities
when weighed would equate to the correct 4:1 ratio, but no! The ratio is
1.89:1 resin to hardener. Mind you my workshop is currently only 20 Degrees
Celsius. I briefly spoke to the Australian agent for the AR 100 who said the
only fault with the J&B Product is that they do not mention the maximum
required viscosity, centipoides I think he called it. He said that maybe
because it was thick resin anyway, that being also a tad colder than ideal,
I should build a resin box. Already done that though , just awaiting a visit
to the hardware for a bulb base so that I can wire it into the same dimmer
that keeps my glass cloth cupboard above warm. What setting do others using
SP resin and also the AR100 have theirs set to?? Tony K, the boys at Flyer,
or anyone else????
Regards
Tony Renshaw
Builder No.236