Kit plane for Christmas

Subject: Kit plane for Christmas
From: Pete Brownlow <peteb@cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 13:31:55

As I am not yet a builder, I generally have just lurked here soaking up
all the collected wisdom and, apart from my intro on joining the list,
this is my first posting.

However, maybe I can now count myself an aircraft builder.

Knowing that I am interested in the idea of building a kit-plane, my
wife bought me one for Christmas! This was such a surprise that I just
had to share the news with you all.

It uses an entirely new construction technique. It comes ready
fabricated in just 3 parts which have to be assembled by the builder.
These are the fuselage, wings and tail assembly. There is a noticeable
similarity here to the division of the kits for the Europa.

The most revolutionary part is that it uses a material not previously
used in aviation. It is made of chocolate.

What's more, the manufacturers assure me that the chocolate fuel tank
does not suffer from expansion problems when filled with fuel and that
an undercarriage made of chocolate provides perfect damping and energy
absorption for even the heaviest of landings. And if you get the
landing really wrong, it is always possible to swallow your pride...

I have already assembled my new aircraft. However, I suspect that its
life expectancy is strictly limited. The big question is, can I get it
inspected and the permit to fly issued before it goes the way of all
other things made of chocolate?

Happy new year to all,

Pete