Re: Lid Trim Lines

Subject: Re: Lid Trim Lines
From: CPattinson@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 10:22:46
I dont remember anything in my instructions about trim lines on the door
apertures - I WISH THERE HAD BEEN. I do remember an instruction to trim away
around the aperture leaving an inch or so for the rubber seal(my dimension is
approximate). There was no warning not to cut away the GAS SPRING RECESS.
Presumably the factory thought this was common sense. Now that I have removed
this essential part of the fuselage it seems hard to understand how I misssed
it, but I did. Needless to say I have a large gap at the back of the door and
no seal ! Sadly it aint easy to rebuild after you have cut it off especially
when the offcuts are on the corporation tip !

BTW the easiest way I found to locate the fuselage trim lines is to rub a
lead pencil too and fro accross where one assumes the lines run. This seems
to highlight them. Of course you must remove all traces of the graphite
before gluing etc.

If you do have trim lines on your fuselage this should make things a lot
easier and hopefully you wont lop off any essential bits.