Re: Anodising

Subject: Re: Anodising
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 19:20:12
>> how do I adaquately clamp the pieces for drilling without
destroying the finish, how do I treat the drill holes, i.e. the exposed
metal within the hole<<

Masking tape will help prevent damaging the finish. You should use Duralac
chromate jointing compound when assembling components, it's purpose is to
provide insulation between contiguous metal parts, especially dissimilar metals,
thereby preventing electrolytic corrosion. Don't remove the anodising when
bonding parts in with Redux or epoxy. The Boeing test for chemical cleanliness
before bonding is to place a drop of distilled water on the surface. It should
spread out and wet the whole surface. Dry off with warm air and bond.
Graham