Olde Yankee Recipe

Subject: Olde Yankee Recipe
From: D Reed by way of Rowland & Wilma Carson <dreed@cdsnet.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 20:20:59
I think the following fits in with the mood of seasonal levity recently
observed hereabouts so am forwarding it to the list ....

Hi Wilma & Rowland

Thanks for the information & entertainment I have gleaned these past few
months from the Europa E mail.Thought you might like an alternate recipe
to the usual xmas cake.
Merry xmas & keep up the good work.

Derek Reed
Oregon

Thought you might enjoy this e-mail I received - if you haven't already
seen it that is.

CHRISTMAS FRUIT CAKE RECIPE

Ingredients:

1 cup water        8oz. mixed nuts         1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter       1 tsp. salt             2 cups dried fruit
4 large eggs       juice of 1 lemon        1 tsp baking powder
                   1 bottle bourbon

Method:

Sample the bourbon to check quality.

Take a large bowl. Check the bourbon again, to be sure it is of
the highest quality. Pour one cup and drink. Repeat.

Turn on the electric mixer, beat one cup of butter in a large
fluffy bowl.

Add one tsp sugar and beat again. Make sure the bourbon is still
okay. Cry another tup. Turn on the mixerer. Break two eggs and
add to the bowl, chuck in the dried fruit. Mix on the turner. If
the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers, pry it loos with a
drewscriver.

Sample the bourbon to check for tonsiscency.

Next sift two cups of salt, or something. Who cares? Check the
bourbon. Now sift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one
table. Spoon. Of sugar or something. Whatever you can find.
Grease the oven. Turn the cake tin to 350 degrees.

Don't forget to beat off the turnerer. Throw the bowl out of the
window, check the bourbon again and go to bed.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, EAT CAKE!