Glass/Foam Transition

Subject: Glass/Foam Transition
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 08:54:31
Gidday,
No matter how lightly I sand, or what grade I use, I still end up with a
discernible transition between glass and foam. What I mean is that I can
feel it, as my finger dips down from the glass to the foam. The glass flexes
with even slight pressure at the end of the layup, and then springs back.  I
wonder whether I can mask the glass, and dry micro the transition? I know I
will have to be careful to not leave micro on the glass but it should help
to keep my cloth fibres straight in both planes. Does anyone have an opinion
or advice on this? Has anyone else done this, or has all those who have gone
before accepted a slight kink over  the transition area?
Regards
Tony Renshaw
The Aussie Connection