Re: setting wing angle of attack

Subject: Re: setting wing angle of attack
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 16:54:23
Reply to Martin Stevens
>>I am now about to set the wing angle of attack, and I wander if anybody out
there has any ideas as to the best way to support the wings during the set up<<

Not really a problem. The wings will be supported by the fuselage. All you have
to do is wedge the tips to set the incidence.

Digital levels are not really necessary, a spirit level will read to 1/10th of
degree. Set up the incidence as per plans but then check that both wings have
the same incidence at 70% span. (different to the root incidence, of course) If
not adjust root incidence to make them the same. An error at the root won't have
much  effect, but a difference at 70% will cause a rolling moment.

Graham