Re: Europa tri-gear conversion

Subject: Re: Europa tri-gear conversion
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 19:24:56
Hope it goes well David. I've flown the trike version and it's certainly easier
to land. I always fancied making the monowheel into a bicycle (like the Boeing
B47 and B52.) That wil have to wait for another day. The other thing I've always
fancied is optimising the cooling. GK Whip cools very well but had, I suspect
extra cooling drag, so I've taken out the two Rads and replaced them with a
single high efficiency unit. Problem is where to put it, and still give it
proper ducting. Did you know that the airspeed through a radiator rarely exceeds
30 mph? Hence the importance of the duct ((;-).
I've been head scratching and carving foam for 3 weeks now and laid up the new
cowling today. It won't be too different to Walter Binder's, except for the
duct. See you at the nexr fly in!
Graham