Re: Re Where to keep the Europa??

Subject: Re: Re Where to keep the Europa??
From: Gordon Lean <100557.3426@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 14:07:23
I must say I have every sympathy with your plight as I have tried all your
options bar the last one and I am now doing that.(for the last 3 years)

Believe me you do not want to get involved in making your own airstrip ( 10 ton
rollers,Tractors, multi gang mowers, boring machines,cement mixers generators,
and tons & Tons & TONS of concrete, kilometers of Fencing, planning permission
for hangar, nosy neighbours, and enless legal bills and enough cash to pay the
hangarage at White Waltham for the next 25 years), and still I havn't landed my
plane on it yet!!

On a more helpful level why not try Enstone ? The parking /hangarage is less
than half the London rates. The runway is a mile long and some days I am the
only one there  and the club is excellent. I live just 2 stops from the end of
the tube in NW London and it takes about an hour and a quarter to get there.
The locals are helpful and there's a PFA inspector on site so any little problem
is easy to get fixed. it just means having to make a it day out when you go
flying. I also have explored much more of the north of England since I left
Denham.

Gordon. Lean