Where to keep the Europa??

Subject: Where to keep the Europa??
From: Chris Cornish <CCORNISH@parity.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 14:00:00

From:     Chris Cornish
     Kit number 70
     (with John Hadley, Alan Aubeelack and Richard Marsden)

I have been receiving the Europa builders forum mail until January this
year, and now finally have access again. We hope to be flying early next
year and have begun to look around at the options of where to keep the
aircraft and where to fly from. The syndicate members are based in Dorking,
Godalming, Ealing and Aylesbury and we are looking at airfields West of
London. White Waltham seemed an obvious choice and we approached them to
find the cost of storing the fully enclosed trailer we have built. The quote
was about two hundred pounds a month, which was the same as it would cost to
park a permanently rigged plane there. This rather negates one of the
appeals of owning a Europa in the first place - affordable flying.

Our problem is that our syndicate is fairly widespread and no-one lives near
an airfield and has a large garage aswell. We approached Booker who were
about the same price. In the absence of any further information I feel we
have the following choices:

1.  Find the best airfield and find a friendly local farmer who will store
the trailer at a
     reasonable cost. This will obviously have insurance implications.
2.  As above but rent a local garage.
3.  Try and find a private strip of some kind.
4.  Buy our own airfield - my hopes are raised every Saturday night!

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Chris