Undercarraige Mods

Subject: Undercarraige Mods
From: Dino Baker <DBA@biomed.fmc.flinders.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 09:04:15
Hello All,

I would like to commend the `Graham's` for raising their concerns
about the proposed undercarraige mods. This is an important safety
issue that concerns every builder, even though a lot of them are
silent, ( no criticism intended ).

In my humble opinion a proposed modification would be to:

1. LGO2 should be moved aft to reduce leverage from u/c leg. This
would allow a larger shock absorber with longer stroke.

2. Lugs are required on upright of u/c frame and bolted through fire
wall, at least two each side to spread load to wheelwell.

Any comments?

Regards,

John Baker
Builder #181