tmdgmet: tmdg Weather pages

Subject: tmdgmet: tmdg Weather pages
From: Tom Dawes-Gamble <tmdg@uksr.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 20:36:23
Hello again everyone.

        I seem to be getting more than my fair share of mail asking me to
change peoples email addresses in their registration for my Aviation
Weather pages.  I also get many people reply to my mail to say that they
have recieved messages that I have sent out via the mailing list.

        Below are the instructions on how to do any admin tasks you may
need to do to keep your registration up to date.

The help page http://www.avnet.co.uk/tmdg/html/help.html cover most things.
If you are not able to solve your problem though the programs provided by
the help page then by all means email me.

If you wish to change you email address then you need to delete you current
user id and re-register.  You should be able to use the same user id as
you previously used as the chances of someone picking your id are very slim.

As far as Email about any problems goes. Plese remember there are over
3000 users of the page and I really am not likely to know you from Adam.
So you need to tell me the following.

Your User Id for my weather page:
The URL of the Page:
What options you selected.
What value you keyed in any of the boxes.
The error you encountered.
The date and time of the Error in GMT:

I will then be able to lookup your atempt in the log.

If your problem can be solved by reading the user guide I will most likely
not reply.  If I do reply it may well just be to give you the URL of the user
guide.

I also get a lot of message asking can you get weather for such and such
well I don't have any control over which stations provide weather.
If you find that weather is missing from a station over a prolonged period
then by all means let me know.

Finaly.  Winds Aloft  and other weather charts and forcasts.  I hope to
be able to give you some good news on that towards the end of Novermber
but don't hold your breath.

Best regards,
Tom.
The top level URL is http://www.avnet.co.uk/tmdg/weather/main_menu.html