Seen the video, read the info pack, ...

Subject: Seen the video, read the info pack, ...
From: Trevor Jenkins <tfj@apusapus.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 17:32:44
I've seen the Europa video and it all looks straight forward. ;-)
I've read the information pack and it all looks straight forward. ;-)

I'm left with a few questions though:

1) How am I going to pay for it? :-)

But seriously my issue of the Sept. Flyer had a blow-in from "Rirst
Aviation Finance" offering non-secured loans for aviation purposes.
Is this a sensible option to pursue? Especially, as during the
building process I'll also need to fund my PPL. Has anyone used this
method of funding their flying? Would you recommend it to others? [If
it is not a sensible route to follow then my consultancy rates will
have to go up. :-) ]

I'm also a little confused by the phrase "non-returnale deposit ...
equivalent to stage-1". Is this simply that I must stump up the dosh
for stage 1 with my order or is it that the total cost will be
stlg16,445 (at July 1 1996 prices)?

2) How much more should I budget on for instrumentation?

And all the other ancillaries not included in the kit.

3) How comfortable is it for someone 6' 2"?

I've been following the recent thread where some of you suggest that
maybe there are some problems in that respect.

4) Can it be rigged solo?

The video calmly says the wings can be rigged in 5 minutes by two
people. Is is feasible to rig it and derig it single handed?

5) Anyone got views on the mono wheel versus tricycle gear options?

I presume that sometime after getting my PPL and before flying a
mono-wheeled Europa I'd need to do a tailwheel conversion course. How
much drag does the tricycle gear introduce?

6) Anyone created a Microsoft FS5.0 aircraft file for thier Europa?

If I decide not to proceed at least I could still play with one. :-)

Regards, Trevor.

--

"Real Men don't Read Instruction Manuals"
   Tim Allen, Home Improvement